Three days into the new year and I am happy to say that I have no true resolutions. I am not trying to loose weight, I am not hash-tagging everything “new year, new me”. Instead I am relfecting on all the things I should have done, should have said, and should start doing. My entire life has revolved around this idea that I have a lot to accomplish, that I should reach for the starts and when I get there I should reach a little further. Recently, I have lost sight of the stars and nothing is pushing me to look a little further. Maybe that is my fault, maybe I’m just not looking hard enough or maybe… maybe I want something different.
In wanting something different, you might be asking yourself, what could you want that would really be well…different. I have come to an understanding that where I am at in life, seems not right. I keep wanting to skip over steps and rush through things to get somewhere else. I am not happy, which is a shame because who doesn’t want to be happy? I decided that I will start this year doing something that actually makes me happy and if I fail at least I can say I tried.
I have declared 2016 the year of honesty, saving and travel.
I, Asa, will,
- Be honest in everything I do. If I don’t like it, I leave it. No exceptions.
- I will save 10% of all money that comes my way.
- I will plan trips to every place I want to go and share it with the love of my life.
- I will document every moment that I think is worthy, barring in mind that somethings should be left as memories and distant thoughts.
- I will laugh and eat whatever makes me happy.
If any of those things sound interesting to you, I invite you to share this journey with me. You might just like it.
Loving and Rising,
Hit up my Pinterest!